Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Welcome


Kia ora and welcome to the Holy Cross Computer Suite for 2018

My name is Mrs Graham and I am very honoured to be able to teach your children ICT skills once a week in this amazing learning centre.

First and foremost, the students learn what it is to be a Digital Citizen and how to keep themselves and others safe in our digital world, so that they are competent digital users.

Generally, the programme covers a warm-up of what it means to be a 'digital citizen', followed by the development of an IT skill, then some research of a particular topic, learning games to practise Math knowledge, and lastly, a reflection on what 'hooked them into learning' that day.

We also have a Garfield letter box in the Computer Suite where students are invited to write a note with what they enjoyed doing in their lesson, or maybe the name of a website they enjoy using at home which may assist the learning in our suite. Whatever, I look forward to hearing from them.

To all parents and guardians, please feel free to visit me in the room near the school office or post a comment to let me know if your children are using what we do in here, to practise at home.

Ka kite ano



            

8 comments:

  1. I love the learning buzz in the computer suite. Great computer skills as well as the integrated learning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gгeetings! Very usеful advice in this particular ρost!
    It is the little changеs that make the most imρortant changes.
    Many thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My relatives all the time say that I am wasting my time here at
    net, but I know I am getting knowledge daily by reading such nice articles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ꭼxcellеnt pоst! We are linking to this particularly great article on our wеbsite.
    Keep up the good ԝгitіng.

    ReplyDelete
  5. І’m not that much of a internet reаder to be honest but your sites
    really nice, keep it up! I'll go ahead and bookmark your site to come back down the
    road. All the bеst

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mrs Graham,
    You have tought me a lot on the through out this year. I hope you will be the best teacher you can be.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Greetings from Florida! I'm bored at work so I decided to check out your
    blog on my iphone during lunch break. I live
    the info you provide here and can't wait to take a look when I get home.
    I'm surprised at how fast your blog loaded on my phone ..
    I'm not even using WIFI, just 3G .. Anyways, fantastic blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woww that was strange.I just wrote an extremely
    long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn't appear.
    Grrrr... well I'm not writing all that over again. Anyways,
    just wanted to say excelent blog!

    ReplyDelete